The hustle and bustle of life can be rewarding, but also draining at times. After a while, you need to get away to rest, reset, and recharge. Granbury is the perfect place to do just that. Our small town has a reputation for both charm and amenities, for residents and visitors alike. You’ll discover friendly folks, good eats, charming boutiques, historic charm, and so much more. So, book your getaway now in one of our luxurious guest rooms, suites, or private houses. Beautifully situated on lakefront acreage, our Inn on Lake Granbury provides all of the luxurious amenities and gracious hospitality that you need for a relaxing getaway. As you start planning and packing, take along your travel guide to Granbury, TX.
Quaint Boutique Shops
Do you love to shop? Then, look no more. Shopping around Granbury’s downtown square is a fantastic way to spend a leisurely afternoon. In fact, you will soon find many unique treasures in our quaint boutique shops.
- St. Helen’s – This charming gift shop has a beautiful and diverse display of goods, like candles, body products, clocks, picnic baskets, blankets, robes, home decor and more. You will easily find something for a special someone as well as yourself!
- Eighteen Ninety Marketplace – In addition to fabulous food, you’ll love the variety of infused olive oils and vinegars, gourmet foods, teas and spices, gift cards, and more.
- Caylor Creek Boutique – This gorgeous ladies boutique is a haven for a girls’ day out. Along with women’s clothing and accessories, they host regular fun events.
- Red on the Square – Clothing, jewelry, handbags and shoes – shop ‘til your heart’s content.
Although Granbury may be a small town, the entertainment is anything but small. Check out these opportunities for fun entertainment.
- Purchase tickets for an evening of live entertainment at The New Granbury Live! Their line-up of guest performers is sure to impress.
- The Granbury Theatre Company presents classic and quality entertainment at the beautiful, historic Granbury Opera House.
- Visit the Brazos Drive-In for a romantic summer evening date night.
- Friday-Saturday, 7pm-12am
- Take advantage of our Let Us Entertain You Package and enjoy:
- Two tickets to the Granbury Theatre at the Opera House
- Dinner voucher for 2 at Eighteen Ninety Grille
- Turn down service with chocolates on your pillow
- Late evening sumptuous dessert and coffee in your room after the show
Your travel guide to Granbury, TX wouldn’t be complete without a list of annual events. Thankfully, Granbury hosts a variety of events throughout each season! So, plan your next stay to take advantage of one (or more) of these happening occasions.
- Granbury Wine Walk (Apr) – With over 400 wineries, Texas ranks fifth in the U.S. for producing wine. Wine lovers from all over flock to the Downtown Square to savor the flavors during this fine annual event.
- Hood County Stampede Rodeo (May) – Premier family-friendly rough stock rodeo at one of the most beautiful spots overlooking Granbury.
- Memorial Day Weekend (May) – This patriotic weekend honors those who gave their lives for our country, and also kicks off Granbury’s summer season.
- Lone Star Street Rod Association State Run (Jun) – Featuring hundreds of hot rods for decades, you’ll love the sights and sounds at this annual event.
- 4th of July Weekend (July) – Thousands of people congregate in Granbury to celebrate all things America. Shop, dance, and celebrate with phenomenal firework show over Lake Granbury.
- Labor Day Weekend (Sep) – Wrap up summer and kick off fall with this fun weekend event full of end-of-season sidewalk sales and a boat parade.
- Lake Granbury Lakefest (Oct) – Free and fun for all, this music festival is sure to please.
- OktoberFest (Oct) – Fall wouldn’t be the same with Oktoberfest, hosted by our very own Ketzel’s Schnizel Haus & Biergarten. Come experience live music, great food, German vendors, and of course, German Beer!
- Harvest Moon Festival of the Arts (Oct) – This much-anticipated art and wine affair offers over 30 booths featuring a variety of fine arts and crafts, as well as wine tastings, food, and entertainment.
- Christmas in Granbury (Late Nov through Dec) – Shopping, carols, and lights, oh my!
- Goosebump Jump (Jan) – Locals and visitors raise funds and goosebumps by jumping into frigid Lake Granbury
- Granbury Founder’s Day Celebration (Mar) – Celebrate Granbury’s birthday with us and enjoy a weekend of craft food, BBQ cook offs, fun activities, live music, local vendors, free cake and ice cream and more.
Art & Culture
In addition to live entertainment, that are several fine art galleries displaying a variety of mediums to satisfy every taste. View our galleries.
From hiking and biking to golfing and giraffes, there are ample opportunities for outdoor lovers to get out and play. Check out these top 8 things to do outside in Granbury, TX.
Good Eats & Drinks
After a few hours traipsing about the town, refuel at one of our impressive restaurants, breweries, or wineries.
- Ketzler’s Schnitzel Haus & Biergarten – Authentic German bistro and beer garden, a favorite lunch spot for many guests.
- Barking Rocks Winery – Enjoy fine wine tastings outside of downtown at this beloved community establishment.
- Eighteen Ninety Grille & Lounge – A local favorite with the most relaxing atmosphere; featuring delicious food and a full bar.
- Revolver Brewing – Sip and savor world class beer at the best craft brewery in the area.
- Farina’s Winery & Cafe – This wonderful wine bar and restaurant provides great food, wine and entertainment.
- Bluff Dale Vineyards – Impeccable vineyard with a tasting room and wine club offering tastings by the glass or bottle.
- Christina’s American Table Bistro – This fabulous bistro located on Granbury’s Downtown Square offers handcrafted sandwiches, homemade soups, fresh salads and sweet treats.
- Restaurant Anise – Delight your senses in this fine dining establishment – perfect for a romantic dinner for two. Chef Megan Potts was raised in a small town in France and brings her passion for creating delicious food to Granbury.
“A sublime retreat that’s right on the water and just a quick walk from the square…”
Luxurious TX Lodging
Well, are you ready for your Texas getaway? If so, your travel guide to Granbury, TX is the perfect companion, offering charming places to shop, unparalleled places to eat, tons of entertainment, and luxurious lodging on the shores of Lake Granbury. Let us pamper you during your next getaway! We provide impeccable service, gourmet breakfast each morning, luxurious linens, well-appointed guest rooms, stunning views, and much more. Book now.