The town of Granbury, Texas and the surrounding area offer numerous outdoor activities, live theater fine dining establishments, local wineries, and romantic excursions. For theater, come and enjoy a Texas-style Broadway play or musical or a nostalgia concert...experience a sizzling spring or summer festival on the Square...or just leisurely shop the many specialty shops on the historic downtown Square.
If you have an adventurous spirit, you’ll find ample opportunities to exercise your mind and body. Rent a jet ski, boat, or kayak and enjoy the fun on sparkling Lake Granbury. Enjoy one of our nearby championship golf courses, or take a bicycle ride on the hike and bike trail or through rolling hills.
If you enjoy wine tasting, be sure to check out Barking Rocks Winery just north of town or Bluff Dale Winery to the west of Granbury. Both specialize in Texas wines and often have weekend musicians or concerts in the afternoon or evenings.
Whatever you decide to do, our special brand of Texas hospitality will invite you back to Inn on Lake Granbury time and time again.
Fun things to do in Granbury
The official Web site for Granbury tourism and the Historic District. Information on shops, restaurants, attractions, city beach, among many others.
The merchants Web site – experience the unique shops on the Square.
Granbury Theatre Company
The newly renovated Granbury Opera House is home to musicals and plays by the Granbury Theatre Company. Popular musicals and plays are performed throughout the year. Call 817-579-0952 for show schedules or view their website.
Granbury Live! (Big City Music Revue)
Enjoy great family entertainment out on the town, in downtown Granbury. Big City Music Revue features the best in concert productions from some of the most talented acts in the country.
Outdoor Activities & Attractions
Enjoy guided tours along scenic Wildlife Drive and marvel at zebras, giraffes, antelopes, llamas, and ostriches, among many wild animals. You'll travel 10 miles through a living laboratory, where groundbreaking research is conducted to benefit endangered species worldwide. Located approximately 20 miles from Inn on Lake Granbury. 254-897-2960
This 18-hole public golf course has been nominated as the best public golf course in the nation. Unique Scottish bries and water hazards will challenge your golfing skills. Guest privileges available at discounted rates. 254-897-7956
This 18-hole championship golf course has been given a "four-star" rating by Golf Digest and was selected by the Dallas Morning News as one of the 18 best rural golf courses in Texas. Guest privileges available at discounted rates. 817-341-1111
Other Fun Things to Do
Your "personal winery" store on the Historic Town Square provides on-site wine making and offers daily wine tastings and a large selection of wines for sale by the bottle or batch. Host a private event or ask for assistance in creating a custom, private-label wine. 817-573-7200
Rent a pontoon boat, kayak,or paddle board to tour the lake. Call 817-279-1000 for more information. Summer and Fall hours. Just a few miles from the Inn.
Revolver Brewing is a Texas family owned brewery business located within a short drive from the Inn and downtown Granbury. Tours are from 12pm-3pm on Saturdays along with beer tastings, food most weekends. Founded by a father and son team, Revolver has quickly become one of the leading craft beer names in Texas with its popular brands such as Blood & Honey and Sidewinder beers. 817-736-8034
A wonderful furniture, lighting, and decor specialty shop directly behind the Historic Nutt House Hotel on the Square.
Small batches of premium wines are being handcrafted in an old rock barn located between historic Granbury and Thorp Springs. 817-579-0007
An authentic 1950’s drive-in movie theater located in Granbury. Experience one of the last of its kind in Texas. Open Friday and Saturday nights from May – October. Double feature begins just after sunset. 817-573-1311
Granbury area restaurants offer American, Italian, Mexican, Japanese Steak, and exceptional Texas ranch-style cuisine.
There are a number of restaurants within a short drive or walking distance from Inn on Lake Granbury to the Historic Town Square. Some downtown favorites include Eighteen Ninety Grille and Lounge, Joe's Pasta and Farina's Wine Bar and Cafe. Others include Miyako Japanese Steakhouse, Mi Familia Mexican, Ketzler's German Restaurant on the Square, and Let's Eat, a quaint "steak diner" in nearby Bluff Dale.
We would be happy to make recommendations and/or reservations for you. For a complete listing of area restaurants, go to www.visitgranbury.com.
- Sit on the swing overlooking the lake
- Take a dip in the saltwater pool and sit under the waterfall
- Browse the shops on the Square and don't miss the Wagon Yard
- Enjoy our hearty breakfast
- Sit on your balcony and watch the 250 year-old live oaks sway softly in the breeze
- Take a nap on the hammock
- Sit in the outdoor hot tub on a starry night
- Sip a cool drink in the Adirondack chairs on the lakeside bluff
- Read a book in your room or suite or in the library of Inn on Lake Granbury
- Take a tour of the Revolver Brewery on Saturday from noon to 3pm and enjoy beer tastings!
- Go to Pemberton Cellars, Bluff Dale Vineyards or Barking Rocks Winery for a Saturday afternoon wine tasting or during the week (if open)
- Sample the decadent chocolates at The Bake Shop on the Square
- Enjoy a matinee or evening show at the newly renovated Granbury Opera House, performed by the Granbury Theatre Company
- Tour Fossil Rim Wildlife Park in nearby Glen Rose
- Have dinner at Let's Eat and experience Chef Curran or have an after dinner at Eighteen Ninety Grille.
- Attend a festival or event on the Square such as the Granbury Wine Walk (April each year)
- Stay in bed all day and catch up on sleep
- Buy everything you see at Red.
- Get the latest fashions at RED, Mariposa Rodeo, Caylor Creek, or Christina's
- Have an gelato or cappuccino on the Square at the Paradise Bistro and Coffee Co
- Sit on the porch and enjoy one of Inn on Lake Granbury's wonderful picnic lunches (ordered in advance)
- Tour the Old Jail Museum or stroll the square at night with a Ghosts and Legends Tour guide
- Sit on the Inn's dock by water's edge and enjoy the lake
- Watch a movie in your room or suite in our romantic Granbury, Texas bed and breakfast
- Do absolutely nothing and just relax!