The town of Granbury and the surrounding area offer numerous attractions, outdoor activities, live theater, fine dining establishments, local wineries, and romantic excursions for your North Texas vacation. For theater, come and enjoy a Texas-style Broadway play or musical or a nostalgia concert...experience a sizzling spring or summer festival on the Square...or just leisurely shop the many specialty shops on the historic downtown Square.
If you want to tour the parks and paths around the Granbury downtown area, you can enjoy Segway Tours on the weekends. Lots of fun!
Currently the Granbury Opera House is open for dramatic plays and favorite musicals. The New Granbury Live is open for select weekends for singer-songwriter concerts, bands, and other entertainment events.
If you have an adventurous spirit, you’ll find ample opportunities to exercise your mind and body, subject to the season. From May until October, rent a jet ski, boat, or kayak from Lake Granbury Marina or Sam's Dock and enjoy the fun on sparkling Lake Granbury. Enjoy one of our nearby championship golf courses, or take a bicycle ride on the hike and bike trail or through rolling hills.
If you enjoy wine tasting, be sure to check out Baron's Creek Vineyards and Bull Lion wine tasting rooms on the downtown square, and Pemberton Cellars, Barking Rocks Winery just north of town or Bluff Dale Winery to the west of Granbury. Both specialize in Texas wines and often have weekend musicians or concerts in the afternoon or evenings.
Whatever you decide to do, our special brand of Texas hospitality will invite you back to Inn on Lake Granbury time and time again.
Fun things to do in Granbury
The official Web site for Granbury tourism and the Historic District. Information on shops, restaurants, attractions, city beach, among many others.
The merchants Web site – experience the unique shops on the Square.
Granbury Theatre Company
Currently not offering shows and plays and musicals due to COVID pandemic. The newly renovated Granbury Opera House is home to musicals and plays by the Granbury Theatre Company. Popular musicals and plays are performed throughout the year. Call 817-579-0952 for show schedules or view their website.
Enjoy great family musical entertainment in downtown Granbury. This attraction features the best in concert and singer/songwriter productions from some of the most talented acts in the country.
Outdoor Activities & Attractions
Enjoy guided tours along scenic Wildlife Drive and marvel at zebras, giraffes, antelopes, llamas, and ostriches, among many wild animals. You'll travel 10 miles through a living laboratory, where groundbreaking research is conducted to benefit endangered species worldwide. Located approximately 20 miles from Inn on Lake Granbury. 254-897-2960
Are you looking for a unique and fun touring experience? Ride a Segway. It is a lot easier to ride than you think. Enjoy a 30 minute or 90 minute tour on the paths in the parks and on side streets around the square and see historical homes and other landmarks. Call to book or click on the link in the name above for more information. 817-991-0990
This 18-hole public golf course has been nominated as the best public golf course in the nation. Unique Scottish bries and water hazards will challenge your golfing skills. Guest privileges available at discounted rates. 254-897-7956
This 18-hole championship golf course has been given a "four-star" rating by Golf Digest and was selected by the Dallas Morning News as one of the 18 best rural golf courses in Texas. Guest privileges available at discounted rates.
Other Fun Things to Do
Your "personal winery" store on the Historic Town Square provides on-site wine making and offers daily wine tastings and a large selection of wines for sale by the bottle or batch. Host a private event or ask for assistance in creating a custom, private-label wine. 817-573-7200
Rent a pontoon boat, kayak,or paddle board to tour the lake. Call 817-279-1000 for more information. Summer and Fall hours. Just a few miles from the Inn.
Revolver Brewing is a Texas family owned brewery business located within a short drive from the Inn and downtown Granbury. Tours are from 12pm-3pm on Saturdays along with beer tastings, food most weekends. Founded by a father and son team, Revolver has quickly become one of the leading craft beer names in Texas with its popular brands such as Blood & Honey and Sidewinder beers. 817-736-8034
Every Saturday, the Distillery is open for tastings and bottle sales. Check our event calendar for special events and tour times.
Enjoy a wide selection of craft beers on tap and other libations from around the world at this fun spot on the Granbury square. Sandwiches, pizza, and and live jazz on the weekends are also offered
A wonderful furniture, lighting, and decor specialty shop directly behind the Historic Nutt House Hotel on the Square.
Small batches of premium wines are being handcrafted in an old rock barn located between historic Granbury and Thorp Springs. 817-579-0007
An authentic 1950’s drive-in movie theater located in Granbury. Experience one of the last of its kind in Texas. Open Friday and Saturday nights from May – October. Double feature begins just after sunset. 817-573-1311
Granbury area restaurants offer American, Italian, Mexican, Japanese Steak, and exceptional Texas ranch-style cuisine.
There are a number of restaurants within a short drive or walking distance from Inn on Lake Granbury to the Historic Town Square. Some guest favorites include Eighteen Ninety Grille and Lounge, Restaurant Anise, Joe's Pasta. Christina's American Table Bistro and Farina's Wine Bar and Cafe. Others include Miyako Japanese Steakhouse, Mi Familia Mexican, Ketzler's German Restaurant on the Square. A new authentic Italian restaurant called Mamma Monica is a short 20 minute drive from the Inn.
We would be happy to make recommendations and/or reservations for you. For a complete listing of area restaurants, go to www.visitgranbury.com.
- Sit on the swing overlooking the lake
- Take a dip in the saltwater pool and sit under the waterfall
- Browse the shops on the Square and don't miss the Wagon Yard
- Enjoy our hearty breakfast
- Sit on your balcony and watch the 250 year-old live oaks sway softly in the breeze
- Take a nap on a lounger
- Sit in the outdoor hot tub on a starry night
- Sip a cool drink in the Adirondack chairs on the lakeside bluff
- Read a book in your guestroom or guest suite or guest house
- Take a tour of Sledge Distillery and listen to live music (when available) late on a Saturday afternoon
- Go to Local Goat Distillery, Pemberton Cellars, Bluff Dale Vineyards or Barking Rocks Winery for a Saturday afternoon wine tasting or during the week (if open)
- Sample the decadent chocolates at shops on the Square
- Enjoy a matinee or evening show at the The New Granbury Live
- Tour Fossil Rim Wildlife Park in nearby Glen Rose
- Have an after dinner or dessert at Eighteen Ninety Grille
- Listen to live music on Thursday nights and on the weekends at Silver Saddle Saloon
- Stay in bed all day and catch up on sleep
- Buy everything you see at Red
- Get the latest fashions at Caylor Creek
- Have an gelato or cappuccino on the Square at the Paradise Bistro and Coffee Co
- Sit on the porch and enjoy one of Inn on Lake Granbury's wonderful picnic lunches (ordered in advance)
- Tour the Old Jail Museum or stroll the square at night with a Ghosts and Legends Tour guide
- Sit on the Inn's dock by water's edge and enjoy the lake
- Watch a movie in your room or suite in our romantic Granbury, Texas bed and breakfast
- Do absolutely nothing and just relax!